Detox Patches

Exercises, Diets, Nutrition, Vitamins, Health, Coping, gardening, herbal remedies, truncal lymphedema, chronic illness, breathing, stress, arm exercises, leg exercises, water exercises, low impact exercises, weight training, chair exercises, resistance exercises, stretch exercises, lymphatic drainage, detox patches

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Detox Patches

Postby hazelinos » Tue May 01, 2007 5:53 pm

hi there i'm a newbie to the forum and have primary lymphedema in my right arm and leg.i have regular meetings with a homeopath which have so far been helping with general fatigue and the like.also i haven't been on antibiotics in about 2 months so thats a bonus.
i have recently heard about the detox patches which specify that they can help with the lymphatic system.
just wondering if anyone's tried them or would they do any damage??

thanks
hazelinos

Postby patoco » Tue May 01, 2007 7:40 pm

Hi Hazelinos :)

Welcome to our family here :!:

The problem with so many of the homeopathic treatments is that they just don't have clnical evidence to back up their claims, so I don't use them.

Some of them like the lymph detox combinations can be downright dangerous with substances that have been shown to be damaging to the liver and/or kidney's.

Those of us with primary lymphedema are missing parts of or have a malformed lymph system (I'm missing key inguinal nodes) so unless there is something that can grow new nodes or lymphatics, I'm afraid there just isn't anyway I can see that these things would help.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Lifestyles